Sunday, January 18, 2009

o gay Parisss!

So I was going to write out a big long proper post, but it takes a really long time. Plus my internet is rather touchy and refuses to stay online for more than 20 minutes as a time. So I figured I would just supply you with some lovely pictures of my time thus far in Paris, as well as some random facts.

Pictures first!


Place de la Concorde
Jumping on the Center of Paris:
The Seine next to Notre Dame:
Me and Mere next to the Louvre:
Erm, I dunno what this one is, I've never seen that monument before:
My room in my homestay!
Amusing: I took these two pictures in the exact same spot. They're just four years apart :)



































Random facts I have ascertained thus far:
Visiting Paris is EXTREMELY different from living in Paris. They are simply two incomparable experiences.

Coffee in Paris is too expensive.

It is merely a stereotype that Parisians are rude, a stereotype that is probably based on the experience of rude Americans tourists.

Parisians are not politically correct.

French food is simply divine. The food is fresh, handmade, beautiful, appreciated, and enjoyed. It is neither an enemy nor a crutch. Nobody scarfs down food on their way to work ; people might sit in a café for hours nursing a cup of strong, rich coffee and eating a sandwich. There are very few fast food places...though they do have KFC here, which is a little odd to me.

Paris is still the most beautiful city I have ever seen, the only place in which I must periodically stop, breathe, and ask myself how in the world I am so lucky to be here.

That's all for now. I start class tomorrow, so that should be verrry interesting.
BAIIII

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO SAD LOOKING AT YOU AND MERE BECAUSE MARCH CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH. AND I WANT TO BE IN PICTURES WITH YOU :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete